Session proposals for the 2017 AASLH Annual Meeting are due December 9, 2016.
The 2017 Annual Meeting will be held September 6-9, 2017 in Austin, TX.
In the spirit of the theme I AM HISTORY, the Program Committee seeks proposals that:
1. Identify ways to strengthen organizational sustainability and transparency including: successes and challenges with funding and explicit discussions on successes, challenges, and lessons learned.
2. Critically assess the challenges navigating the intersections between internal and external constituents and stakeholders.
3. Build diversity and inclusion within the profession, AASLH, and audiences.
4. Demonstrate passion for the subject of your proposal and/or the discipline.
5. Clearly incorporate elements of practicality and scalability.
6. Highlight history-related activities that exemplify creativity and an experimental spirit.
7. Promote the relevance of history: understanding the past and applying lessons to the present.