- Nonmember - $90
- Academic Program - $65
- Academic Faculty - $65
- Academic Program Student - $65
- Partner Institution - $65
- Partner Institution Staff - $65
- Premier Partner Institution - $65
- Premier Institution Staff - $65
- Platinum Partner Institution - $65
- Platinum Institution Staff - $65
- Complimentary Individual - $65
- Complimentary Institution - $65
- Individual Basic - $65
- Individual Supporting - $65
- Individual Sustaining - $65
- Individual Patron - $65
- New Professional - $65
- Student - $65
- Retired - $65
- Subscription - $65
- Institutional Budget - $65
- Institutional Staff - $65
- Institutional Basic - $65
- Institutional Contributing - $65
- Institutional Supporting - $65
- Institutional Sustaining - $65
- Institutional Partner - $65
- Academic Program Alumni - $65
After several years of work by AASLH staff and STEPS Enhancement volunteers, an updated version of the Standards and Excellence Program for History Organizations (STEPS) workbook is now available!
The STEPS workbook is a spiral bound publication that offers self-assessment questions, performance indicators (Basic, Good, and Better), project lists, and more related to national museum standards. The workbook is divided into six sections: Mission, Vision, and Governance; Audience; Interpretation; Stewardship of Collections; Stewardship of Historic Structures and Landscapes, and Management.
Purchase of the workbook alone does not enroll you in STEPS. Visit the STEPS page for more details and to enroll in the program.
Important Note for Current STEPS Participants: With the release of the updated workbook, you may continue to earn Bronze, Silver, and Gold certificates based on the previous version of the workbook through June 2022. If, however, you would like to begin using the new workbook version, you have access to the workbook section pdfs via the new online STEPS Community. Additionally, if your organization would like to purchase a replacement hard copy of the updated STEPS workbook, AASLH is offering the special price of $32 institutional members/$45 non-members. Please visit the new STEPS Community for a discount code. Note the special price is only available to organizations currently enrolled in STEPS and applies to one replacement workbook. If you would like to purchase more than one workbook, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk pricing.
COST: $65 AASLH Members/$90 Nonmembers ($32 AASLH Members/$45 Nonmembers for current STEPS participants; visit the new STEPS Community for a discount code)
NOTE: The STEPS workbook is a physical workbook that will be shipped to you shortly after your purchase. Workbooks cannot be shipped to a PO Box; street address only. Please be sure to provide a complete mailing address during checkout.