Recorded Webinar: Get Ready to Plan Strategically!
Recorded On: 06/25/2019
- Nonmember - $30
- Academic Program - Free!
- Academic Faculty - Free!
- Academic Program Student - Free!
- Partner Institution - Free!
- Partner Institution Staff - Free!
- Premier Partner Institution - Free!
- Premier Institution Staff - Free!
- Platinum Partner Institution - Free!
- Platinum Institution Staff - Free!
- Complimentary Individual - $15
- Complimentary Institution - $15
- Individual Basic - $15
- Individual Supporting - $15
- Individual Sustaining - $15
- Individual Patron - $15
- New Professional - $15
- Student - $15
- Retired - $15
- Subscription - $15
- Institutional Budget - $15
- Institutional Staff - $15
- Institutional Basic - $15
- Institutional Contributing - $15
- Institutional Supporting - $15
- Institutional Sustaining - $15
- Institutional Partner - $15
- Academic Program Alumni - $15
Strategic planning can be a daunting task for many organizations. Lack of time or resources are frequently cited barriers to planning, yet having no mission-driven direction tied to performance measures is risky. This 90-minute webinar will cut through the mystery and (perceived) misery of planning to introduce participants to the process and language of strategic planning.
In “Get Ready to Plan Strategically!” guest speaker Anne Ackerson will discuss the important preparations necessary for meaningful and productive strategic planning. She will also present models for strategic plan formats, address community input and visioning.
This AASLH webinar is part of the StEPs Lab webinar series offered to both StEPs participants and all others interested in the topic of strategic planning. Applying what you learn in a StEPs Lab to your policies and practices helps your organization make meaningful progress. Learn more about StEPs, AASLH’s self-study, self-paced assessment program designed specifically for small- to mid-sized history organizations, including volunteer-run institutions.
This is StEPs Lab 18.
RECORDED DATE: June 25, 2019
COST: $15 Members / $30 Nonmembers
After taking part in this webinar, participants will:
- Understand the difference between strategic and long range planning;
- Learn other planning definitions like vision, goals, objectives, and tasks and understand the importance of being unified and consistent in the terms your planning group will use;
- Learn what needs to be done before board, staff, and others gather for the first strategic planning session;
- Understand that there are a variety of strategic plan formats and your organization should choose one that meets its needs, and
- Be inspired to trust in the strategic planning process, see it through to the completion of the plan, and use it!
Anne Ackerson is co-author with Joan H. Baldwin of the publications Women in the Museum: Lessons from the Workplace and Leadership Matters: Conversations with History Museum Leaders. Ackerson is also a co-founder of the Gender Equity in Museums Movement (GEMM).