Technical Leaflet 181: Wood Floor Management
- Nonmember - $5
- Academic Program - Free!
- Academic Faculty - Free!
- Academic Student - Free!
- Partner Institution - Free!
- Partner Institution Staff - Free!
- Premier Partner Institution - Free!
- Premier Institution Staff - Free!
- Platinum Partner Institution - Free!
- Platinum Institution Staff - Free!
- Complimentary - Free!
- Individual - Free!
- Subscription - Free!
- Institutional Budget - Free!
- Institutional Staff - Free!
Wood Floor Management is an AASLH Technical Leaflet. AASLH Technical Leaflets are brief, practical guides on how to do history. Technical Leaflet #181 by Michael W. Purser tackles a primer on how to create a management plan for caring for this commonly used material. He provides step-by-step guidelines for planning, including inventorying all areas, identifying the problems with the floor, determining the project objective, stabilizing the interior environment, and evaluating the economics of options. Also included is an overview of the potential courses of actions. Each course of action is defined and described with a discussion of its advantages and disadvantages. For more information on similar topics, please refer to Technical Leaflet Bundle 17, Historic House Care and Presentation.